Monday 31 March 2014

Delhi!! (Enough said)

*This post might pertain to the interests of mainly Indians.

I came back from a nine day vacation in Delhi (the capital of India) yesterday. And even though I’m really tired, I feel the need to write about Delhi.. But damn! I had been stuck on the first line for 10 minutes because I really don’t know how to describe Delhi.

Delhi defines the state of the whole country in a way, showing us where we are  in terms of development of tourism, economy, industry etc.

Delhi is a place of crazy political competition and corruption at the same time. It’s the abode of the biggest fashion designers and the worst dressers at the same time. It’s an area of abundant greenery and abundant pollution causing industries.  It’s got the filthy rich and the filthy poor.


I stayed in Gurgaon for a lot of time as well, which is practically owned by DLF and filled with markets and malls. I never thought of Gurgaon to be as developed as it was.


I witnessed brilliant ancient architecture in the historical monuments like the Qutb Minar, India Gate, Rashtrapati Bhavan and The Red Fort. And who could forget, the magnificent Taj Mahal (Agra) which is more fascinating up close than in any of the descriptions or photos.  We bought beautiful handicrafts of different types and different decorational techniques like the semi precious stone encrusted in marble from Agra.


My mom and I (mainly mom) also went shopping, which is impossible to avoid in Delhi where you have got all those amazing markets including Janpath, Khan market, Santushti complex, GK-1 AND GK-2 M and N Block markets, Pallika bazaar, Chandni Chowk and many others. Not to mention DLF Emporio which is stocked with unaffordable treasures designed by iconic designers like Tarun Tahilliani etc. , DLF Promenade with the amazing collection of the best Zara, Forever 21 and Claires clothes and accessories  and also DLF Ambience .


And ofcourse, I ate like a goddamn pig in Pind Balluchi- a Punjabi restaurant (twice) , Haldirams (thrice), Bikanervala (twice), the ‘Paranthe wali gali’ in Chandni Chowk, Masha – A scary restaurant, the theme of which is based on the abode of the ghost of an alcoholic lawyer, L’opera- A pastry shop (twice), Starbucks and more!



I also learned a lot about politics and figured out why people are so crazy about Narendra Modi. I saw how upset people were about the fact that Arvind Kejriwal and AAP haven't performed as they promised and deserted the people of Delhi when the same happened. Auto rikshaw drivers had torn of the AAP posters from the back of their Rikshaws and were now campaigning for Modi. Infact, the billboards are flooded with Modi posters repeating the slogan 'Abki Baar Modi Sarkaar' , for every 15 Modi posters there was about one for Rahul Gandhi (Congress) .

My only regret is probably eating as much as I did, because I can barely fit into my pants now (not exaggerating). So, bye! Gotta hit the elliptical.

7 comments:

  1. This post does NOT pertain to only Indians! I DREAM of visiting India!
    I can imagine the weight gain when going to delhi... ahh... I LOVE Indian food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, touch'e then.. You should come over to India! You'll have a blast.

      Delete
  2. Loved reading about our capital samm and its sad but I don't remember a lot about Delhi ! Its been a while since I went there .... Glad u had fun and happy for u !!! Btw thankx for the gift(s) I loved emm !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Fluffy :P! And you're welcome..

      Delete
  3. Yeah! Modi ATW!! Nice description abt our capital!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to make it clear that I do not support Modi. Thankyou though.

      Delete
  4. Sammy, this thing was posted 43 weeks ago. Are you still blogging?

    ReplyDelete